I was craving Chinese food today and I’m not quite sure why. I attempted a Sesame Chicken recipe than went horribly awry, so I started over and decided to make this instead! Don’t worry, I’ll perfect the Sesame Chicken and post it when it’s good. Until then, here is a delicious Honey Soy Chicken recipe! The sauce is more of a marinade than a sauce, but it is delicious! It’s also gluten free!
Honey Soy Chicken
Amount per serving: 144 calories– 10 g carbs– 2g fat– 27g protein– 5g sugar
- 2 4-oz chicken breasts, cut into pieces
- 3 tablespoons low-sodium soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons honey
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- In a medium bowl, mix together the soy sauce, honey, lemon juice, and garlic powder. Set aside.
- In a skillet, cook the chicken until cooked through.
- Remove the chicken from heat and put the chicken in the bowl with the sauce.
- Mix together so the pieces of chicken are covered well.
- Serve and enjoy!
This would be amazing with rice or broccoli!