Well, as everyone knows, Fall is here! Pumpkin is all over the blogosphere, but I feel like people have forgotten about apples. Apples are yummy in the fall too! Apple crumble, apple cobbler (are those the same thing?), and apple pie. Apple everything. I love pumpkin, I really do, but I feel bad for the little apples so I decided to make apple pies. Not a regular apple pie, but those individual ones you get from McDonalds that are so yummy but so bad for you! Now, you can make them yourself and not feel bad about eating them!
Wonton Apple Pies
Servings: 2 (1 pie per serving)
Amount per serving: 92 calories—20g carbs (most from fruit)—0g fat- 2g protein– 6g sugar
- 2 egg roll wrappers
- ¼ granny smith apple diced
- 3 tablespoons unsweetened applesauce
- 2 tablespoons low calorie maple syrup
- ¼ teaspoon vanilla extract
- ¼ teaspoon cinnamon
- cooking spray
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees and spray a small baking sheet with nonstick spray.
- In a small bowl, combine apples and applesauce and microwave for 2 minutes.
- Stir in syrup, vanilla, and cinnamon.
- Even distribute filling into each egg roll wrapper and wrap (like the directions say here).
- Lightly spray the tops of each pie with cooking spray.
- Bake for 3 minutes, flip and bake for another 3 minutes, then flip and bake for 1 more minute.
- Let cool.
- Sprinkle with cinnamon and sugar or dip in whipped topping (if you want) and enjoy!