I was trying to figure out what to make for dinner tonight, when I saw that we had TWO chicken breasts left. Yes, just two. I wanted to make something different (to post it here, of course) and what I came up with was a delicious entrée! The crispy outside and juicy inside of this chicken makes this recipe a definite keeper. You can make it without the cayenne if you don’t like spicy things!
Spicy Parmesan Crusted Chicken
Amount per serving: 216 calories—16g carbs—3g fat—31g protein
**nutrition content reflects half of ingredient listed due to excess shaken off
- 2 chicken breasts (4 oz. each)
- ¼ cup flour**
- ¼ teaspoon salt**
- ¼ teaspoon pepper**
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper**
- 1 egg white**
- 2/3 cup Panko bread crumbs**
- ¼ cup parmesan cheese**
- cooking spray
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees
- Mix together the flour, salt, pepper and cayenne in a small bowl then transfer to a plate.
- Mix together the Panko and parmesan and spread on another plate
- In a wide bowl, beat the egg white with a hand-mixer for 2-3 minutes or until soft peaks form.
- Dip the chicken from the flour mixture to the egg white to the panko and place on baking pan sprayed with nonstick cooking spray.
- Lightly spray the top of each chicken breast with the spray and cook for 15-20 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink.
- Serve and enjoy!
This was a really simple and really delicious recipe! It took about half an hour total and is really easy clean-up if you use paper plates for the panko and the flour mixture! I served it with a broccoli fettuccini alfredo.