There are very few things better than really good apple pie. Topped with some vanilla ice cream…YUM. I don’t eat apple pie much because a) I don’t really buy desserts and b) apple pie can be really unhealthy. I decided to try to make the flavor into something I could eat more often so I put it into an oatmeal. Let me tell you, this oatmeal is amazing! It tastes just like apple pie filling (seriously, it does) and it tastes great hot or cold! This makes a big serving, so I’ll say it’s 2 servings (I ate half for breakfast and half for some of my lunch), but if you’re hungry go ahead and eat the whole recipe!
Apple Pie Oatmeal
Amount per serving: 101 calories—25 g carbs—1g fat—2g protein—16g sugar
- 1/4 cup oats
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened apple sauce
- 1/4 cup chopped apples
- dash of salt
- 1 tablespoon Splenda (or other granulated sucralose)
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- In a bowl, combine oats, water, applesauce, apples, and salt.
- Microwave for 2 minutes, stir, the microwave for another minute.
- When the oatmeal is out of the microwave, add Splenda, brown sugar, cinnamon, and maple syrup and stir it all together.
- Enjoy hot or put in the fridge overnight if you prefer cold oatmeal!
This recipe takes maybe 5 minutes and it’s so filling! Perfect for a busy morning!